Saint Louis Interceptors
The Saint Louis Interceptors youth shotgun team is made up of homeschooled students from the Saint Louis metro area, including surrounding counties. We primarily shoot American Trap but also practice American Skeet and may participate in other shotgun sports in the future.
The Interceptors are registered with the Scholastic Clay Target Program (SCTP) and AIM - the youth program of the Amateur Trap Association.
Information for Participants:
Ages: Grades 5 through High School
Practices: 6:00-8:00 pm Tuesday evenings at St. Louis Skeet and Trap Club in Pacific (near Six Flags)
- Annual fee: $100 – payable when a participant chooses to join the team; renewable each August. Prospective participants can come to a practice to meet the team and try the sport before joining.
- Practice fees: $5.50 range fees per practice round (25 targets) plus $6 for ammo per round (if team ammo is used). Each athlete normally shoots 2-3 rounds per practice, so if team ammo is used the cost will usually be $23-$34.50 per week. Athletes are welcome to provide their own ammo.
- Team vest: ~$130-$150+, depending on chosen accessories. These are high quality, custom shooting vests designed to carry ammo and embroidered with the team logo and each individual athlete’s name. This is, effectively, our team “uniform” for practices and competitions.
- Competition fees: will vary depending on the competition and number of events entered. It's recommended to budget $100 per month. Some competitions may also involve travel and lodging.
- Upon initial registration as part of the team, team members will be registered with SCTP (Scholastic Clay Target Program), ATA (Amateur Trap Association), AIM (ATA's youth organization), MTA (Missouri Trapshooting Association), NSSA (National Skeet Shooting Association) and MSSA (Missouri Skeet Shooting Association). Membership in each is required for participation in registered competitions sanctioned by the respective organizations. These costs will come out of the $100 annual fee.
These fees may be subsidized by other funding sources (fundraisers, business sponsorships, grants, etc.)
No experience is required for participation. We are a competitive team but education and recreation are our primary goals. Interested youth can come and shoot with the team at a practice, to try it out and see if they wish to join. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call/text 314-800-7520 or use the CONTACT page for more information or if interested.
Saint Louis Area
Homeschool Shooting Sports (SLAHSS)